Grand Lodge Activities
Grand Master’s Classes to be Held in April & May
Grand Master James F. Easterling, Jr. has announced that he will hold Grand Master’s Classes in 11 locations around Ohio. A Grand Master’s class is a topnotch way to become a Freemason, from start to finish, as well as for lodges to complete the degree work for candidates who have stalled in the process.
- Classes will be held on April 20, 2013 in the Dayton, Gallipolis and Northeast Ohio areas.
Classes will be held on May 11, 2013 in the Akron-Canton, Cambridge, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Portsmouth, Steubenville and Toledo areas.
The Scottish Rite will conclude each class with the 4th
degree for those who are interested in continuing their Masonic journey. Any Lodge and Scottish Rite petitions may be used. For convenience a generic petition is available here
Lodges must follow the usual investigation process so please turn in petitions to your lodge as soon as possible.
Grand Lodge festivities for July 4th at Put-in-Bay for War of 1812 Bicentennial
On July 4, 2013, the Grand Lodge of Ohio will be at Put-in-Bay, Ohio to assist with the festivities. The highlights of the day will be our Grand Lodge reenacting the laying of the cornerstone at the Perry Memorial.
Official War of 1812 Bicentennial Website
From their site:
“June 18th, 1812, President James Madison and the United States Congress declared war on Great Britain. Battles raged throughout the continent for over two years before peace was negotiated.
- 11:00am: Naturalization and Delayed Enlistment Ceremony: Help swear in our country’s newest citizens and applaud as 250 individuals enlist in the United States Military.
- 2:15pm: Watch the 4th of July Parade featuring the United States Air Force and the United States Army Bands.
- 3:oopm: Reenactment of the Laying of the Cornerstone with State Governors and Grand Masters from all nine states involved in the building of the Memorial, and Grand Masers from Canada and England. This special occasion will be presided over by Most Worshipful Brother James F. Easterling, Jr. This also includes a US Military Fly Over, US Army Ceremonial Band performance and a Special Veteran Recognition.
- 7:30pm: The day concludes with a free concert from the United States Army Band and Fireworks at Dusk.